One of the masterpieces of Spanish cuisine. Ideal for the summer.
Ingredients (all gluten- and lactose free)
For about 4-5 people as a main course (or for about 10 people as an appetizer)
Cooking time: 25 minutes (incl. Pre-preparation)
- 1 kg red, overripe (very ripe) tomatoes
- ½ onion (white)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green pepper (not thick – it should be the elongated)
- ½ cucumber
- 50 ml Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- 20ml – 30ml white wine vinegar or Pedro Ximenez balsamic sherry vinegar
- Natural seasalt – fine
- icecubes (optional)
GARNISH (small diced)
- Green pepper
- Hard-boiled egg
- Mix the peeled tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, cucumbers and some salt with a blender until you get a fine mixture.
- While mixing, add the olive oil and the vinegar.
- Taste the mixture and add salt and vinegar if necessary.
- When done, put the Gazpacho for 2-3 hours in the fridge before serving. (If you want to serve it immediatelly, add some icecubes to each portion.)
- Serve it in a bowl, plate or glass and add the garnish, depending on your preferences.